I feel like my fitness goals deserve the own blog post. I plan to update this post as I make progress as a way to hold myself accountable. What are you tackling in 2017? Anyone want to join me on any of these?
- Qualify for Boston. omg I’m terrified writing that out loud.
- Do 5 pull-ups, unassisted. This has been a goal of mine for years. This is the year. #strong
- Hold plank up on hands for 2 minutes. (Current, 12/31 57 seconds)
- 30 push-ups in a row, no rest. Now that I can do a real push-up on my toes, time to get stronger.
- 5K in under 23 minutes. (Current PR 24:25)
- 10K in under 50 minutes. (No idea what my current PR is for this but it’s around 65 minutes)
- Track all of my miles run in my planner so that I know how many miles I run for the whole year.
- Yoga headstand. Currently: afraid.
- Hold crow pose for 1 minute.
- #RUNTHEYEAR : 2017 miles in 2017 (This one is a huge stretch, but I’m going to see how close I can get. I know my pal Joel is doing it too, anyone else?!)
- Hit 10,000 steps a day at least 6 days/week. I use the app “Pact” to track this. It rewards you for your good fitness deeds and charges you (scary!) when you miss your goal. Dolla dolla motivation.
- Try more workouts from magazines and my Pinterest boards to keep mixing it up
- Body fat % down to 21-22% (Current: 27.5% – I use my Fitbit Aria scale to track this)
**Note: blogged while eating cookies and drinking coffee.
Should probably add “eat better” to this list as well. #everythinginmoderation