At the beginning of the summer I participated in my first Instagram yoga challenge. It lasted for 40 days and although I missed a of them, (especially during the wedding weekend and towards the end) I got a lot out of it! It was a great way for me to ward off stress post-graduation and pre-wedding. It helped me to see the beauty in the world around me even in unexpected places. It helped me to see that my body is capable of some pretty amazing things and even a pose or two helped me clear my head.
I am attempting another challenge for the month of September (shout out and thank you to Kathryn for who suggested it!) and we would love any company! We are choosing #everybodyYOGA and you can read for more details here. Check it out!
- Trying out new poses can be scary, just do whatever feels good for you! Yoga is a practice and everyone is always growing and at a different point.
- Striking a pose in an unexpected place is fun! While we were on our honeymoon I did child’s pose in the middle of the sidewalk outside an ice cream place in my sparkly “bride” zip-up. Why not?!
- Work on breathing in the poses and really listen to your body about how it feels. You’re doing this for more than just a picture – you’re doing it to better yourself and your practice.
- Different poses can feel different on different days. Don’t be surprised if a pose that is easier one day is tougher another. Your body changes day to day and be sure to adjust the poses to what you need.
- That being said, you will see improvement! Doing yoga consistently for only a week or two makes a huge difference in your flexibility.
It is okay if you miss a day (or two or three or a lot!). Just do what you can, when you can, and have fun! Who’s with us?! #everybodyYOGA